Tuesday, August 17, 2010

God Provides

We had our weekly appointment at OHSU yesterday. Laurence has had digestion problems for a week now. His doctor wants to run another test for graft vs host disease. Not sure when that will happen.

We are preparing for Laurence to be at home by the end of the month. There is concern (from his doctors) that I will burn out from taking care of him. I am well aware that I cannot do the job alone--his medical needs are tremendous. The other option is to place him in skilled nursing facility and that is not an option for me. Insurance will pay for his stay at a skilled nursing facility but will not pay $25/hr for a home health aide to help out and provide respite care. That makes no sense to me. I know Laurence will get better by being at home and not in another facility.

I know that God's blessings will show up as the help, resources, finances, respite care and whatever is needed. Thank you for your continued prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Affirming, dear Christine, that all is well! I am willing to give respite care in a consistent and reliable way so that you may have a bit of a schedule again!! God has given me the time to be able to serve in this way, and for that I am grateful!

    ReplyDelete