Saturday, July 10, 2010

Next Steps

Laurence was restless today. I think he was missing his physical therapy session.

The next step in Laurence's progress is to move to rehab facility. I have been checking out different facilities nearby the past few days. I am hopeful that his doctors will recommend acute rehab which is about 3 to 4 hours of therapy a day.

Moving to rehab means leaving the 14th floor at OHSU. He's been there 47 days! Although I am very grateful for his progress, it's hard to imagine being somewhere else. The care there is exceptional. Thank you for your generous treats for the staff. They are amazing individuals.

My prayer is knowing that the next stage of Laurence's care is as professional, supportive and exceptional as the care he has been receiving. Thanks for your partnership and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment