Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Good Reports

Laurence and I went to OHSU yesterday to see the transplant doctor. Dr G was pleased to see Laurence's improvement. Laurence will have a bone marrow biopsy in a couple of weeks to further evaluate the transplant.

Every Tuesday is a conference at RIO with the doctors and all therapists giving their reports on Laurence's progress. Although it is too early to establish a timeline, they were each encouraged with Laurence's progress.

Laurence and I say a prayer before I leave and it is wonderful to hear him pray again. His words are clear and strong.

"Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." Mark 11:24 Thank you for your gracious prayers and love.

4 comments:

  1. I want to share with you something that came to me last night. I
    wasn't able to sleep so I went to my "sanctuary" and got this vision
    of you and Laurence on a pilgrimage together...the word pilgrimage was
    significant. I know that Laurence has been with God on a very deep
    level and that you have been there with him as you two are so
    connected by your faith, your journey and your love for one another.
    One of the comments made on the "Wholeness Revealed" blog about your
    leading the team of support, or something along those lines, really
    hit me and I think led to my seeing you two on this pilgrimage. I
    don't know if you and Laurence can begin to imagine the effect your
    journey has had on so many people; how we are all connected and come
    together to create a web of support and love and faith because of the
    courage and unflagging conviction you both have and the mountains and
    valleys you have traversed and the streams you have forded, moving
    forward guided by the light of your conviction. My God, it is
    achingly beautiful! Thank you for sharing your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Katie for sharing your beautiful vision and for your gracious message.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see that Laurence is doing so well! We are all thinking of you and wishing you well

    Sam
    OHSU

    ReplyDelete