Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Message from Lynn

I was honored when Christine asked me to visit Laurence in the hospital to give him Reiki. This hands-on-healing technique is essentially a Japanese stress-reduction practice, but for me it has evolved to include a profound Christian aspect. I have been praying for Laurence over the past year, and have always felt his strong loving connection with Jesus. I was still unprepared in my Reiki sessions with Laurence to see and feel the presence of Jesus in the room with us. It has been a gift I can barely write about without tears of gratitude.

During my most recent visit, while I was leaning over one side of Laurence with my hands over his heart, I could feel Jesus doing the same on the other side. At one point I closed my eyes in prayer, and as I saw Jesus approach the bed in my mind’s eye, the sun pulsed brighter and brighter through my eyelids. Each time I have been with Laurence, I have been humbled by the great feeling of Love that fills the room.

Laurence’s ministry of Love and Compassion is evident even as he lay sleeping in his hospital bed.

1 comment:

  1. Lynn, I think maybe I know what you mean. When I am visiting Laurence, I feel like he is ministering to me more powerfully than I could possibly be ministering to him. Thank you, too, for sharing about the presence of Jesus Christ in the room; reading your blog entry felt very comforting to me. Love to all -

    ReplyDelete