Saturday, September 25, 2010

Message from Bonny

FYI: Laurence's birth name was Larry until he changed it in 1998.

I am a friend of Larry’s from high school - He was a blessing to ALL of us then and he still is 35 years later! I decided to raise money for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society in his name and will be running in the Portland Marathon along with some friends as Team Green. Check out our website.

I am also hosting a wine bottling/bake sale fundraiser to help Christine & Larry with the expenses of everyday life & their mounting medical bills.


As Larry was making his decision to move to hospice last Saturday (I had no idea) I was thinking this:

"As I was out there this morning at 5 am pounding the pavement doing 14 miles.....I pondered why??? A song came on my ipod that said it all...this is the time of my life!! The time to do something for a very dear friend that he is unable to do right now ♥

I pondered what an awesome man Larry Green is...how he touched sooo many of us in high school & still today 35 years later...I saw his handsome face as moved forward: I do it for you Larry ..my friend..my hero ♥

If you would like to donate you can contact me via email @...bonster555@aol.com
Thank you.
Bonny

2 comments:

  1. well-said Bonny! Yes, 35 years later all of his former classmates still think the world of him, as we did so long ago. He lead us in prayer, he was our ASB president and crowned our very first Homecoming King ~ does that tell you what the student body thought of him? He continues to be our hero today, what a treasured gift of friendship and love! God-Bless you, Larry, Christine and family... always ~ Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings, Bonny! What a wonderful posting~ thanks for everything you do!

    ReplyDelete