Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Love

While I do not fear death, I am overwhelmed at the thought of grief. I fear it to be an enormous black hole filled with despair and darkness. I am grateful for the support of several ministers and many friends who have been walking with me through this journey for the past three years and helping move through the stages of grief.

I realized while I am feeling these feelings of sadness, you may be as well. It is no surprise to anyone reading this that Laurence was deeply loved by a vast number of people. He left an indelible mark on everyone he connected with, however brief the encounter. He was a man of extraordinary patience, love and kindness.

I believe his consciousness is already one with God. Although his body is here, he no longer lives in our home but in the eternal goodness of God’s love and grace. You are free to take your message directly to him. Talk with him. Share with him the difference he made in your life. Write a letter in your journal. Share about him with a friend.

We had a powerful prayer circle tonight as we acknowledged his gifts and love. He is still sleeping peacefully. Thank you for sending prayers of love and peace.

6 comments:

  1. Christine~ Thank you for sharing from your heart. This posting is so infused with Love and Wisdom~ I am deeply moved by your courage and compassion. Prayers surround you, blessed friend! Your Beloved is truly in the arms of Christ, blessed by his time on earth and a blessing to all of us. Holding you close to my heart as the time draws near. Love, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a deeply moving, emotional, remarkable and powerful share, Christine. Our hearts, souls and prayers are with you at this time, as we fondly remember the gentleness, the love, the humor and wonderful spirit of Laurence. He deeply touched our lives and we will hold him in our hearts always. Love, Terry & Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Christine... I just clicked on "his gifts and love" above and viewed the photos of Larry. I am so touched I can hardly speak. I know he is surrounded by love and family now. May God truly bless you and yours, as I know He wraps His arms around Larry now. Love always... Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine,

    One of my favorite songs is called Parabola by a band called Tool. Everytime I listen to this song I think of Laurence and yourself. The lyrics are below.

    "Peace, be still"

    Neil

    Parabola by Tool from the Album "Lateralus"

    We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment,
    We are Choosing to be here right now. Hold on, stay inside...
    This holy reality, this holy experience. Choosing to be here in...

    This body. This body holding me. Be my reminder here that I am not alone in
    This body, this body holding me, feeling eternal all this pain is an illusion.

    Alive

    This holy reality, in this holy experience. Choosing to be here in...

    This body. This body holding me. Be my reminder here that I am not alone in
    This body, this body holding me, feeling eternal all this pain is an illusion...
    Of what it means to be alive

    Swirling round with this familiar parable.
    Spinning, weaving round each new experience.
    Recognize this as a holy gift and celebrate this
    chance to be alive and breathing
    chance to be alive and breathing.

    This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality.
    Embrace this moment. Remember. we are eternal.
    all this pain is an illusion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laurence and Christine, I have always loved you and will always love you both. You have touched my life in many ways. I am always with you and my arms enfold you both.
    judie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christine and Laurence,
    I am sad that I never had the opportunity to meet Laurence. I know that he is a special person and I would have benefited from knowing him. I am inspired by your abilities to face one setback after another and to move forward, always in a positive direction. I know that Laurence will soon join God; he will continue to be your partner and to guide you, albeit in a different way from the way that you have both become used to.
    Peace be with you.
    Love, Diane

    ReplyDelete